Pasta salad is an amazing dish to serve, it’s easy, fresh, and super simple. There are many reasons to enjoy this dish; it’s a very healthy and budget friendly recipe. This is one of my favorite dishes to make, because it’s a really colorful and fun. You can add as many different vegetables as you like.
Personally, I always like to add broccoli, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes. However, you can feel free to add anything your heart desires. A pasta salad is perfect to serve for guests at your own party or if you’re invited to a potluck it will surely be a winner. I made this as one of my sides for my Christmas party, you can click here to read all about it.
So keep reading for this delicious recipe and the colorful finished product.
Zesty Pasta Salad:
What Type of Pasta Do I Use?
I personally like to use Tri-color rotini pasta, because I love to keep my pasta salad colorful. The rotini pasta also holds in the Italian dressing and the vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is used to ensure that the salad doesn’t dry out. No one likes a dry and sticky pasta salad.
Boiling the Rotini Pasta
You will want to put your pasta in a large pot and wait for it to come to a boil. It should take about 10-15 minutes for your noodles to cook. Be sure to not to overcook your noodles. While you’re waiting for your pasta to boil, you can begin to cut your vegetables. As I stated earlier, I like to use broccoli, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes.
Allow Pasta to Cool
After your pasta finishes boiling pour it into a large pan or dish. Allow your noodles to cool before you add your vegetables, because you don’t want to cook them in your pasta.
Adding Balsamic Vinaigrette and Italian Dressing to Your Pasta Salad
After you have allowed your pasta to cool, you can begin to add your Balsamic Vinaigrette and Italian dressing. There is no set amount of vinaigrette and dressing to add, it all depends on you and your taste buds. Just remember to add enough to keep your pasta moist.
The Easiest Pasta Salad Recipe Ever
Mix the dressing and vinaigrette into your pasta. Then, allow your pasta to sit and marinate in the dressing before you add your vegetables. Pasta salad is one of those dishes that tastes better the longer it sits.
Add Vegetables to Your Pasta Salad
Then you can begin to mix in your vegetables, into your pasta salad. Feel free to add more vinaigrette or dressing as needed for taste.
I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
Feel free to let us know what you think the comments section!
If you would like to see more great Southern Love recipes, be sure to click here.
Don’t forget to connect with us on:
Facebook @ southernlove
YouTube: @ https://bit.ly/2L4bkf2
The Easiest Pasta Salad Recipe in the World
- 2 boxes of tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 bottle of Italian Dressing
- 1 bottle of Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cherry tomatoes
- First, I'm going to put my pasta in a large pot and wait for it to come to a boil. It should take about 10-15 minutes for the noodles to cook. **Be sure not to overcook your noodles.**
- As you noodles are cooking you'll begin to cut your vegetables. I like to use broccoli, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes.
- After your pasta finishes boiling pour it into a large pan or dish. **Allow your noodles to cool before you add your vegetables, because you don't them to cook in your pasta. **
- Once the pasta has finished cooling, you can begin to add your Balsamic vinaigrette and Italian dressing.
- There is no set amount of vinaigrette or dressing to add, it all depends on you and your taste buds. Just remember to add enough to keep your pasta moist.
- Continue mixing your dressing and vinaigrette into your pasta. Then allow your pasta to sit and marinate in the dressing before adding your vegetables.
- As your adding in vegetables you can continue to add in vinagrette and dressing.